Tel: 02476 36 98 90
The best speakers for Pubs & what to consider when choosing a Pub music system
What are the most important considerations when choosing the right speaker for your pub?
Having too little speakers can create an unbalanced flow of sound creating dead spots in certain areas of your pub. This will then lead to you having to turn the speakers up to accommodate these dead spots resulting in an uncomfortable listening experience for patrons situated near to the speakers.
When to choose an 'in-ceiling' or 'on-wall' box/cabinet speaker for your pub
- They are discrete and don't standout
- Low-profile design that sits flush-mount to the ceiling
- Non-directional and disperse their sound 360°
- Grills can be painted to coordinate with your decor
- Good for small room like toilets and corridors
- Good value for money
- Low-end sound frequency can be lacking
- Tend to have lower RMS power outputs compared to on-wall speakers
- Being non-directional it's harder to tailor the sound to the room
- Not suited to the corner of a room because of the sound bouncing of the walls
- Perfect for the corner of the room
- Mounting brackets can offer a number of mounting options
- Good low-end sound quality
- Larger power outputs with more SPL (sound pressure levels)
- Attractive speaker designs and branding can add value to your interior design
- Choice of cabinet colours
- Easier to run speaker wires and no holes in the ceiling required
- Suited to a louder, higher SPL music system
- Need fewer speakers compared to in-ceiling speakers
- Hard to hide when a discrete system is required
- They do not disperse their sound 360°
- Can be harder to coordinate with your decor
- Not suited to small rooms like toilets and corridors
- Can be easier for a patron to tamper with compared to in-ceiling speakers
RMS POWER OR PEAK POWER
What does it mean and what’s more important?
Peak Power can be quite misleading as it can only be sustained for a short period of time – in some cases for just 5 seconds!
Some of our favourite speakers for pubs and a great alternative to BOSE pub speakers are:
An everyday ceiling speaker perfect for low-level background music in small pubs & cafes. Has a low-profile design that sits flush-mount to the ceiling. Multiple power tappings for balancing each speaker to suit the surrounding. Quick and easy for installers to fit. 3-Year warranty.
2. LD Systems Contractor CFL 62 100V Slimline in-ceiling Speaker at £54.99 each
A mid-range 100V ceiling speaker designed for more demanding applications where the quality of sound is more of a requirement. Not a ‘Loudspeaker’ but features higher-end components that ensure crystal-clear sound and high speech intelligibility. Frameless magnetic grille that sits flush to the ceiling ideal for discreet installations. Multiple 100V power tappings. Quick and easy to fit.
3. Martin Audio C6.8T 6.5” High-Performance in-ceiling Speaker at £170.00 each
A high-performance flush-mount ceiling speaker made from one of the industries leading brands. Martin Audio loudspeakers have been used at the Glastonbury Festival for years which tells you exactly what you you can expect from their range of install speakers! Flush-mount low-profile design made with some of the highest quality components providing you with a truly fantastic sound ceiling speaker with pin-sharp clarity.
The C6.8T’s are perfectly paired up with a subwoofer giving you those rich highs, excellent mid-range and chest-pounding depth!
Audio Volt - Taking the hassle out of choosing a pub sound system
1. Monacor Background Music System with Bluetooth & FM Radio
Comes supplied with an ultra-compact 60W desktop mixing amplifier, a choice of 4, 6 or 8 in-ceiling or wall-mount speakers, and 100 metre drum of high-quality speaker cable.
Features a built-in Bluetooth receiver for pairing a smartphone or tablet for wireless audio streaming as well as an FM tuner for playing the radio. In addition to this there is an integrated USB/SD card reader for playing downloaded music files.
A range of inputs located to the rear of the amplifier provide a direct connection of external media devices such as a CD player, Sky Box & projector etc. A microphone input with Vox Priority is also provided ideal for pubs quizzes.
2. Monacor 4-Zone Background Music System with Volume Control & Source Selection
Provides volume control and audio source selection for each of the 4-zones meaning you can play different music in each room/area of your pub. For example, you could have the Sky TV playing the football in the main bar area and then a Spotify playlist playing some comfortable background music in the main restaurant area.
Features 2 line-level inputs (RCA/Phono) for connecting an external media player such as a Sky Box, CD player, laptop or TV. Also has 3 XLR/Jack combo inputs for connecting an additional media player or a microphone. Input 1 has priority over the other inputs ideal for pub quizzes.
We are pleased to bring you one of our best-selling Monacor Background Music Systems with a 3-year warranty.
Looking for a pub music system that packs more of a punch?
“The ultimate foreground PA system for pubs, bars & clubs”
If you require any further assistance regarding purchasing some speakers for your public house, please contact us on 02476 369890 and one of our experts will be happy to help. Or use our Request a Call Back page for a FREE no obligation pub system design & consultation service.