Hoody 5 Fire & Acoustic Hood for 3"-5" Round Ceiling Speakers
This universal speaker hood from Hoody is designed to offer fire and acoustic absorbing performance and protection of your speaker from dust ingress.
Thanks to a universal fit the Hoody 5 Firehood can be used with virtually any 3"-5" round ceiling speaker from popular brands such as Lithe Audio, Q Acoustics, Monitor Audio & many more.
Hoody 5 meets all the UK building and IEE Regulations and is especially designed for in-ceiling speakers and features a fire rating of up to 90 minutes, is Parts B,L,C and E compliant and covers all makes of speakers from 3"-5" designs.
Do you need a firehood for your ceiling speaker?
Building regulations state that if you cut an aperture in the ceiling of a room, for instance, to fit an in-ceiling speaker, you must ensure that you take steps to ensure the fire integrity of the ceiling is maintained.
Not only is the Hoody 5 Firehood a fire-safety requirement it also provides some sound insulation preventing as much sound leaking into rooms above. This will also naturally give the speaker a bit more depth to the sound quality.
By using an internal rim design as opposed to an external design makes the hoods:
- Easier to install
- The rim can be fixed using a bead of mastic/sealant/double-sided sticky tape and the swing-out dogs of the speakers clamp the hood in place
- More air tight – therefore offer better fire protection and acoustic absorption
- Twin-skinned intumescent with fire-retardant acoustic damping foam sandwiched between the skins
- One size fits both 6.5” or 8” speakers
- To fit a larger speaker the inner rim can be cut to size using a stitched seam as a guide
- Because the hood is sealed to the ceiling there will be less dust that can gather on the back of the speaker – It offers much better protection
- The foam is fire retardant
- The stitching is fire retardant
- Woven glass fibre material
- First cut the aperture of the hood to size
- Poke a small hole in the side of the fabric through which you will then thread the speaker wire
- Run a thick, continuous bead of adhesive filler (“Sticks like” GripFill or other such adhesive fillers are suitable) around the upper surface of the plasterboard. The flange of the hood will sit on this bead to create an airtight seal.
- Thread the cable through the hole poked in step 2.
- Scrunch the hood to fit through the aperture and expand the hood so that the flange sits on top of the bead of adhesive filler.
- Compress the hood on to the adhesive filler using your fingers pressing all the way around and ensuring an airtight fit.
- Attach speaker cable to speaker, insert speaker into aperture and tighten speaker’s fixings.
If you require any further assistance regarding the BluCube Firehood just contact us on 02476 369890 and one of our experts will be happy to help. Or use our Request a Call Back page for a FREE no obligation system design & consultation service.
Hoody 5 Fire & Acoustic Hood Specifications
- Dimensions: 145mm x 180mm
- Tested to EN 6069 (1997)
- Fully meets UK building Regulations BS476 Part 23 relating to audio and fire dispersion in the home Parts E & F – 2004
Orders over £50.00 will be delivered FREE of charge via our Standard UK Delivery Service (2-3 days, UK Mainland).
All orders below £50.00 will be sent at a rate of £3.99 per order (2-3 days, UK Mainland).
If you need your item faster we also offer a Premium Delivery, Next Day Tracked service at a cost of £6.99.
Do you require your item before 12 pm? We offer a Premium Delivery, Next Day Tracked, Pre 12 service at a cost of £9.99.
All delivery options will be available at the delivery stage in the checkout.
(Please ensure you add a mobile number to your order for tracking)
European Delivery Charges
Standard EU Shipping service £22.99 (2-5 days)
Shipping to: France, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Italy, Austria, Czechia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Finland, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Audio Volt is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Audio Volt of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
60 Day Returns Policy
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369890 (or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 60 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Audio Volt.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369890 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Audio Volt to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369890 or email us at email@example.com