Monacor IP-FORMER IP Network Speaker Amplifier - Converts passive speakers into network speakers
The IP-FORMER converts passive speakers into network speakers and thus enables audio streaming via the Internet to existing passive speakers.
Can be used to power a small speaker or fed to an existing 100V line amplifier for larger PA applications.
Due to its compact design, the IP-FORMER can be mounted directly to the existing passive speaker by using the transformer bracket. The built-in 8 W class D digital audio amplifier delivers high-quality audio signals to the connected wall speaker, ceiling speaker or desktop speaker (2-8 Ω).
The IP-FORMER is powered by an external Power over Ethernet power supply (PoE, IEEE 802.3af).
As a decoder, the IP-FORMER enables audio streaming from radio stations, telephones and intercoms, making it suitable for speakers to play background music and for live announcements, e.g. in schools, office buildings, in the retail trade or for announcements based on the SIP protocol (Session Initiation Protocol).
- SIP and IP Paging / Notification
- Background music
- Emergency evacuation
- Singlewire InformaCast integration
- Syn-Apps Revolution integration
Some other key features include:
- Programming and management via web browser
- Supports audio formats, e.g. MP3, MPEG-4, linear PCM, G.711, G722, GSM, Opus, etc.
- LAN connection, Ethernet RJ45, 10/100 Mbps
- Spring-loaded terminals for speakers and microphone
- Impedance of the connected speaker: 2-8 Ω
- Power supply via PoE (IEEE 802.3af)
- LED status indicator
All Monacor products carry an industry leading 3 year warranty
SPECS & DOWNLOADS
Monacor IP-FORMER Specifications
- Description IP audio decoder
- Nominal value 8 W via PoE
- Type output impedance: 2-8 Ω
- Colour silver
- Power supply PoE, IEEE802.3af via external power supply (e.g. POE-130MID)
- Admiss. ambient temp. 0-50 °C
- Dimensions 52 x 66 x 40 mm
- Weight 110 g
- Connections RJ45 (LAN), spr.-load. term. (speakers, microphone)
- Packing unit 1
- Packing dimensions (W x H x L) 0.115 x 0.06 x 0.17 m
- Gross weight 0.2 kg
- Net weight 0.11 kg