Hoody 7 Fire Hood for 5" to 7" Round Ceiling Speakers
HOODY 7 Speaker Fire Hood for 5″ to 7″ Speakers (265 x 160mm) meets all UK and EU building and IEE Regulations.
HOODY® is especially designed for in-ceiling speakers and features a fire rating of up to 90 minutes, Parts B,L,C and E compliant and covers all makes of speakers from 5″ to 7″ designs.
HOODY® is a range of Fire and Acoustic speaker hoods that will bring all your installations into conformity with the latest IEE and Building Regulations for Fire and Acoustic integrity of ceilings. The regulations state that once a hole has been made in the ceiling for a speaker, the integrity of its construction and its ability to perform in a fire is significantly reduced.
HOODY®, due to it acoustic construction will also stop a large amount of backwards sound leakage from the speakers to the rooms above its location, making in-ceiling speaker installation below a child’s bedroom, for example achievable.
We suggest an Acoustic Fire hood is fitted to all ceiling speaker locations, but it is a requirement that hoods are fitted to all in-ceiling speakers that are installed where a ceiling is rated for 30 mins or more to ensure compliance.
If you are unsure, be safe… always fit a hood.
For example, a standard two storey house will require all the ground floor speaker locations to have hoods fitted to retain the ceilings 30 minute fire integrity. If a house has three storeys you will need hoods fitted on the ground and first floor to correctly comply with the regulations.
- Prevents fire from penetrating the ceiling void and retains ceiling’s fire protection integrity
- Lightweight & flexible cover can be fitted from below or above the ceiling
- Installed in seconds and Maintenance free
- Can be used for retro fit or new build installations
- Can be used in suspended or plasterboard ceilings
- Fully complies with all UK and EU legislation under BS EN1363-1 2012 for 90 minutes which meets and exceeds Document B Building Regulations BS476 Part 23 (relating to audio and fire dispersion in the home Parts E & F – 2004)
- Also complies with 18th Edition IEE Regulations
- Tested to EN 6069 (1997)
- EU Registered Design No. 6060084
- The HOODY hoods are the subject of a pending patent application
- Made in Great Britain
If you require any further assistance regarding the BluCube Firehood just contact us on 02476 369890 and one of our experts will be happy to help. Or use our Request a Call Back page for a FREE no obligation system design & consultation service.
Hoody 7 Fire & Acoustic Hood Specifications
Orders over £50.00 will be delivered FREE of charge via our Standard UK Delivery Service (2-3 days, UK Mainland).
All orders below £50.00 will be sent at a rate of £3.99 per order (2-3 days, UK Mainland).
If you need your item faster we also offer a Premium Delivery, Next Day Tracked service at a cost of £6.99.
Do you require your item before 12 pm? We offer a Premium Delivery, Next Day Tracked, Pre 12 service at a cost of £9.99.
All delivery options will be available at the delivery stage in the checkout.
(Please ensure you add a mobile number to your order for tracking)
European Delivery Charges
Standard EU Shipping service £22.99 (2-5 days)
Shipping to: France, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Italy, Austria, Czechia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Finland, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Audio Volt is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Audio Volt of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
60 Day Returns Policy
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369890 (or e-mail email@example.com). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 60 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Audio Volt.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369890 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Audio Volt to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369890 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org