Q Acoustics Qi65CF Fire & Acoustics Hood for Qi65 Ceiling Speakers
Use code: Q10 - At checkout for a 10% Discount (Ends Jan 31st)
The Q Acoustics Qi65CF is a fire & acoustics hood designed for the Q Install Qi65 Speakers and other 6" ceiling speakers.
Using a fire and acoustic hood helps resist the spread of fire through the floors of a building and to reduce the transmission of noise to adjacent rooms and properties. It's a requirement for all speakers that are installed below any habitable rooms and escape routes.
The hoods maintain fire rating integrity of the ceiling to which they are fitted, thus enabling 30 minutes or 60 minutes of fire rating to be maintained. Tested at the UK Building Test Centre and complies with Part B and Part E of UK building regulations - reports are available on request.
When a speaker is installed into a ceiling or wall it can help transmit unwanted sound, potentially into another property, even when the speaker is not in use. Adding these hoods effectively restores the acoustic integrity of the ceiling or wall. When the speaker is in use it can also reduce the rear transmission of sound by around 10dB over the mid to high frequency range. Preventing the transmission of low (bass) frequencies is a specialist field and may require substantial additional treatment.
If you require any further assistance regarding our Q Install range just contact us on 02476 369890 and one of our experts will be happy to help. Or use our Request a Call Back page for a FREE no obligation system design & consultation service.
See SPECIFICATION tab for technical specs
Q Acoustics QI65CF Fire & Acoustics Hood
Woven Glass Fabric: Thickness - 0.40mm, Weight/m² - 430 g/m²
Warp count: 1360 d’tex
Finish: Starch weave lock
- Physical form/appearance: Solid, voluminous material, more or less elastic.
- Specific gravity: 10-600 kg/m³
- Solubility in water: Insoluble
- Odour: None or mild odour
- Flash ignition point: Between 315ºc to 370ºc
- Decomposition temperature: Above 180ºc
- Thermal energy: 28 000 KJ/kg
- Stability and reactivity: The product is stable at temperatures between -40c and +12ºc
- Auto-ignition point: Between 370ºc to 427ºc (ASTM D 1929)
Complies with Part B and Part E UK building regulations
- Integrity Insulation
- Trada FR 1739 240 mins 46 mins
- BTC 10891F 88 mins N/A
- Qi 65CF: Dia. 290mm, Depth 100mm
ABOUT Q ACOUSTICS
Q Acoustics is a relatively new brand forming in 2006, however they have utilised modern technology alongside a team of experienced engineers to bring a unique set of audio solutions to the market.
Since the start, Q Acoustics have won numerous awards for their innovative speakers across their whole range, and are continuing to expand and improve upon this.
We're big fans of Q Acoustics at Audio Volt and high recommend them to anybody looking for a premium audio solution to install into their home or business.
Orders over £50.00 will be delivered FREE of charge via our Standard UK Delivery Service (2-3 days, UK Mainland).
All orders below £50.00 will be sent at a rate of £3.99 per order (2-3 days, UK Mainland).
If you need your item faster we also offer a Premium Delivery, Next Day Tracked service at a cost of £9.95.
Do you require your item before 12 pm? We offer a Premium Delivery, Next Day Tracked, Pre 12 service at a cost of £24.95.
All delivery options will be available at the delivery stage in the checkout.
(Please ensure you add a mobile number to your order for tracking)
European Delivery Charges
Standard EU Shipping service £16.99 (Shipping to France, Germany, Ireland, Guernsey & Jersey - 2-4 days)
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Audio Volt is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Audio Volt of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
60 Day Returns Policy
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369890 (or e-mail email@example.com). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 60 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Audio Volt.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369890 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Audio Volt to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369890 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org