Cloud Electronics MA60 & MA60Media - 60W Mixer Amplifiers - 1/2 Rack Size
The Cloud Electronics MA60 MEDIA is a professional half-rack single-zone mixer amplifier with an integrated digital media player.
The Cloud MA60 MEDIA is a reliable, compact and self-contained mixer amplifier great for background music, ideally suitable for installation in retail premises, bars, hotels, restaurants, licenced premises and many other entertainment locations.
The Cloud MA60 has all of the features and facilities of the MA60 MEDIA, but without the integrated digital media player. It is ideal for any application where a well-featured and cost-effective mixer amplifier is required.
A variety of inputs allow for a direct connection between many music sources such as smartphones, tablets, laptops or external CD players. Both models have four stereo line inputs on phono sockets and a balanced microphone input. Phantom power is available at the mic input.
Cloud Electronics MA60 & MA60 MEDIA Key Features
- Four-input mixer amplifier with 60W mono power
- Built-in digital media player (MA60 MEDIA)
- Supports MP3 and WMA files from a USB/SD card
- Gain trims on all inputs
- Mic input may be configured as a telephone interface
- Front panel control of music source/level and mic level
- Overall HF & LF EQ adjustment
- Paging can be VOX triggered
- Selectable LINE 4 priority over other music inputs
- Music Mute control input (NO or NC) for interface to emergency system
- Compatible with standard Cloud remote control panels – RL1 (music level) and RSL4 (music level and source selection)
- Electronically-balanced pre-amp output
- Transformer-isolated auxiliary output with independent mic and music level control - for use with telephone MOH systems
- Aux output source selection (internal jumper) – fixed source or follow main output
- Remote Standby control input
- 2U half-width (9.5”) rack mounting unit
On the MA60MEDIA, the internal media player may be selected as the Line 1 source. It can play MP3 and WMA files directly from a USB device or SD memory card. All standard data rates and sampling frequencies are supported.
Both models have a 60 W power amplifier, which is suitable for low impedance loads; a transformer may be readily retrofitted (internally) to allow 100/70/50 V-line systems to be driven. A balanced post level control output is fitted, to feed additional power amplifiers. A transformer-isolated auxiliary output is also available which may be used as an interface to telephone MOH systems, or as a utility output to drive a local rack monitor or an induction loop amplifier. This output may be selected by internal jumper to either follow the main output, or be permanently fed with any one of the music sources.
Front panel controls are provided for music source selection, and music and microphone levels. The front panel of the MA60MEDIA also has a socket for a standard SD memory card, and a USB port for connection of USB memory sticks. A conventional set of “transport” buttons allows Start and Stop, Next and Previous Track/File, and selection of Random and Repeat modes. Rear panel controls include gain adjustment for each music source and the microphone input, output HF/LF EQ adjustment, and independent music and mic level controls for the MOH/Utility output.
The MA60 MEDIA and MA60 are directly compatible with Cloud PM Series paging microphones. Alternatively, the Mic input may be configured to suit most short-to-ground OEM paging systems with VOX or access-triggered mic-over-music priority. One line input may be set to have priority over any other selected to facilitate connection of a digital sound store or similar device.
Music level only, or music level and source selection may be controlled remotely if wished, using a Cloud RL-1 or RSL-4 remote control plate (respectively). In common with most Cloud audio products, EQ cards to match several popular ranges of installed-sound loudspeakers may be fitted to the amplifier stage. An external Music Mute control input is provided (selectable NC/NO) to allow the unit to be interfaced to a fire alarm system.
SPECS & DOWNLOADS
Cloud MA60 & MA60 MEDIA Mixer Amplifiers
- Low-Z output: +0/-1 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz (65 Hz filter out)
- 100/70/50 V-line output (with CXL-50T transformer fitted): +0/-3 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz (65 Hz filter out)
- Low-Z output: <0.05% @ 1 kHz, 1 dB below full power (80 kHz bandwidth)
- High voltage output: <0.05% @ 1 kHz, 1 dB below full power (80 kHz bandwidth)
Sensitivity: 195 mV (-12 dBu) to 2.0 V (+8 dBu)
Input Gain Control: 20 dB range
Input Impedance: 47 kohms
Headroom: >20 dB
Noise: -93 dB, 22 Hz to 22 kHz; measured at speaker output, relative to full power
- Low-Z output: -3 dB @ 100 Hz (3rd. order filter); -1 dB @ 20 kHz
- High voltage output: -3 dB @ 100 Hz (3rd. order filter); -2 dB @ 20 kHz
Distortion: <0.05% @ 1 kHz, 1 dB below full power (80 kHz bandwidth)
Gain: 40 dB range
Input Impedance: >2 kohms (balanced)
Phantom Power: 15 V, switchable per-input by jumpers
Headroom: >20 dB
Noise: -127 dB EIN, 22 Hz to 22 kHz (150 ohms)
- Low impedance output: 60 W @ 1 kHz & <0.07% THD+N
- 100/70/50 V-line output: 50 W @ 1 kHz & <0.07% THD+N
Equalisation: HF: +/-10 dB @ 5 kHz LF: +/-10 dB @ 100 Hz
Protection: Dynamic level signal limiter max gain reduction of 20 dB, Thermal protection, IV limiting & short circuit protection, Switch on delay
Physical & Dimensions
Power input: 230 V, 115 V, 100 V versions available
Fuse Rating: 230/120 V - T2A H
Fuse Type: 20 mm x 5 mm
Cooling: Convection cooled, vents top and bottom
Dimensions (w x h x d): 213 mm x 88 mm (2U) x 278 mm (plus connectors and knobs)
Shipping Dimensions (w x h x d): 270 mm x 140 mm x 380 mm
Weight: 3.7 kg
Shipping Weight: 4.35 kg